October is Women’s History Month in Canada, and I’ve recently learned of two incredible local charities providing support to women in Calgary. Both organizations aim to provide women with the tools, skills and confidence they need to get into the workforce, find financial independence and make more meaningful contributions to their communities.
- Provides work attire and accessories at no cost to women who are unemployed or underemployed
- Offers a variety of programs, including employment training for women in technology
- My Best Friend’s Closet program provides clothing and accessories to teenage girls to help them feel confident and prepared for school and extracurricular activities
- Upcoming fundraising gala, YYC Chic
Date: Thursday, October 26, 2017
Venue: Civic on Third (130 3 Ave SE, Calgary, AB)
The event will showcase the best in local fashion, art, beauty and culture, with a fashion show, live performances, and a silent auction. Raffle prizes include a flight for two from West Jet, a stay in a Canmore Resort, and a Gucci bag. Get your tickets ($80) at makingchangesassociation.ca/yyc-chic
- Provides personal styling and outfits for employment and interviews
- Needs funding to continue providing services
- October fundraising campaign:
Do you know of other great charities empowering women to see and reach their potential?