Opinions are my own.
Why you 100 per cent absolutely have to vote in Calgary’s municipal election
- It is your duty to vote. Be a responsible citizen.
- It is your right to vote. Don’t squander your incredible fortune.
- There is too much sh*t happening in this world to not pay attention.
- Here’s what happens when people don’t vote:
- There’s SO MUCH at stake in this election, including:
- Billions of dollars of public transit infrastructure funding
- Responsible public school board leadership
- Respectful, informed discourse
- Use of tax dollars for a sports and entertainment venue
- Everyone else is doing it.
- It is SO EASY to vote. Any Calgarian can vote at any of the advance polling stations until Oct 11. It took me 20 minutes to vote on Friday. Advance poll locations here.
- I don’t care who you vote for, as long as you get informed before you cast your ballot
- It isn’t that hard to get informed. Here are some resources for you:
Elections Calgary candidate profiles
Web pages, Twitter handles, and contact info for candidates
About the Issues
Calgary’s first pop-up journalism project The Sprawl
Twitter topic #yycvote
So go forth, Calgary. Get informed, get involved, and get your butts to the polls.
Do you have other good sources of information? Other issues to be included? Drop me a comment or shoot me an email.